Apple, Inc., Cupertino, CA
User Interface Engineer (contractor), 5/12 – present
- Work with design and engineering teams to implement new features and updates to the front-end of iTunes Connect.
- Advise on best practices for the UI, as well as technologies and techniques that will enhance and improve the user experience.
- Assess strategies for site-wide cleanup of the UI. Maintain and fix/update existing front-end code.
- Assisted cross-functional teams to update various charting tools for use by both internal and external end-users. Researched trends and technologies to find a best fit for the project, and tested plausibility of various solutions.
Stuart Web Development
5/05 – present
- Create HTML comps based on Photoshop files provided by designers.
- Create custom functionality, themes and plugins for WordPress.
- Prototype web applications using HTML/CSS and jQuery.
- Maintain and troubleshoot websites for 50+ clients.
- Create custom shopping cart skins using Squirrelcart and CubeCart.
- Customize WordPress themes to work with a variety of off‐the-shelf plugins, including Shopp, Cart66, Gravity Forms, NextGen Gallery among others.
- Train clients to use WordPress and create supporting documentation including video tutorials.
- Plan out functionality of custom applications and manage additional contractors and resources to complete projects.
- Estimate project scope and plan out budget for projects.
- Create HTML emails.
Staples, Inc., Framingham, MA
Senior Interactive Designer, 7/02 – 5/05
- Designed, developed, deployed online versions of a magazine for customers.
- Migrated registration forms on several microsites from ColdFusion to ASP/SQL using stored procedures, and leveraging Staples applications to encrypt and decrypt credit card information.
- Maintained over 90 microsites, and followed Staples corporate policies for QA and code control procedures.
- Designed UI and delivered HTML prototypes for new features on StaplesLink.com – (Staples business to business ecommerce site). New features included package tracking, budgeting, product comparison, search enhancements, and special offers.
- Created custom “microsites” for StaplesLink customers.
- Developed a tool using PHP that generated custom HTML for emails that included a formatted pricelist driven from an uploaded CSV file.
- Designed and coded HTML emails.
Cortera, (formerly eCredit.com), Dedham, MA
web designer/consultant/contractor, 2/02 – 7/02
- Designed and developed HTML UI prototypes for web‐based financial applications and integrated HTML into JSPs
- Re‐designed corporate website.
- Developed a custom content management system using PHP and MySQL to manage articles, press releases, and event announcements.
- Developed password protected area to corporate site that would display customized product information based user profiles. (PHP, MySQL)
JPMorganChase, Lowell, MA
Senior Technical Officer, 1/01 – 1/02
- Developed site maps, content wireframes, and final HTML prototypes.
- Designed interfaces utilizing user-centered design principles. Conducted both task‐based and checklist‐based usability testing.
- Assisted Java and JSP developers, and QA efforts.
Boston Internet Group, Boston, MA
Senior Designer, 8/99 – 9/00
- Designed and developed HTML prototypes and websites.
Essinger Sullivan Inc., Newton, MA
Senior Designer, 4/98 – 8/99
- Designed and produced projects for print and the Web.
- Prepared comps and PDFs for clients, and final artwork for press.
Artech House Publishers, Norwood, MA
Art Director, 7/96 – 3/98
Specular International, Ltd, Amherst, MA
Graphic Designer, 1/95 – 6/96
Paganucci Design, Inc., New York, NY
Graphic Designer, 1/94 – 12/94
Signs, Letters, and Nameplates, Inc., Nanuet, NY
Assistant Art Director, 6/92 – 1/94
WordCamp Utah – 2010
Presentation on using WordPress as a CMS
Presented tips and tricks on ways to use WordPress as a CMS.
Evo Conference – 2011
Beginning WordPress and Intermediate to Advanced WordPress
Led hands‐on workshops on how to use WordPress. Included some basic HTML and CSS instruction as well as how to integrate social media and install plug-ins.
Java Programming Courses
Sun Microsystems - Burlington, MA and Boston University January 2001 – May 2002
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Received credits towards a MS in Visual Communication. 1993
Course work: Visual Communication I & II, Psychology of Visual Perception, Typography II.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
BA/Studio Art – May 1992
Course work: Graphic Design, Computer Graphics, Interior Design, Architectural Lighting, Color Theory, Art History, Drafting.